WILL IMSU SECOND SEMESTER EXAM HOLD? SEE IMSU 2020/2021 SECOND SEMESTER EXAMINATION TIME TABLE
Further to the approval granted by the senate at its emergency meeting of Monday 19 September, 2022, to the above stated, the Ag. Vice Chancellor directs as follows:
i. Deans are to immediately convene their Faculty Board Meetings on or before 30/09/2022 and submit to the Ag. Vice Chancellor’s office the minutes of the meeting.
ii. Lecturers are to submit their examination questions to the HODs on or before the 29/09/22.
iii. Faculties are to prepare their invigilation roasters for the rescheduled second semester examinations in conjunction with the Exam Officers of Faculties and the General Exam Officers for the attention of the acting Vice Chancellor.
iii. The deans should direct the HODs to inform all lecturers to comply with the above directives or it shall be perceived as an act of insubordination.
iv. Postgraduate external examinations are to commence immediately. All Faculties Must insist on is within the next two weeks while the undergraduate examinations are going on.
Deans are requested to handle these directives with the immediacy they deserve.
ASUU-IMSU/MANAGEMENT – The analysis
1. This is fight between management and ASUU-IMSU as ASUU Maintains they’re the ones to call off strike not management
2. Management will light to maintain their stand of starting academic activity while ASUU also maintain their stand on refusal of resumption and plotting to halt examination
3. Majority of lecturers are with ASUU but a few are the ones (especially from Law faculty) being bent over by management
4. Management brings out time table and academic calendar and sends letters to Deans. The lecturers under the Deans who shall be asked to resume are the majority of lecturers under ASUU who do not want to resume.
5. Students are confused as these two bodies don’t wanna compromise for each other. IT’S NOT GUARANTEED THAT SCHOOL IS RESUMING, IT’S LESS GUARANTEED THAT EXAMS WILL HOLD.
6. There’s need for students to exercise Aluta and question management and ASUU on the bid to overcome this confusion. A particular department can’t write exam or have lectures while others won’t. If entire lecturers won’t resume then no Faculty should have exam or lecture until Management and ASUU comes to a single line.
It’s a matter of short time so let nobody cry about confusion again cos everything is clear.